Friday, 12 May 2017

The Bookish Get to Know Me

(Also known as the Bookish Tag)

I haven't done a tag for such a long time ( thank you SW for tagging me)! They're usually not a type of post that I like to write, but I thought that this one would be fun and it made me feel a little nostalgic.

1. Which Book Has Been On Your Shelf The Longest?
Either the Little Prince or Pride and Prejudice... I always want to read classics but never get around to them!

 2. What is your current read, your last read, and the book you'll read next?
I'm currently reading both The Whisper by Aaron Starmer(The Riverman Trilogy #2) and the Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald.  by my previous read is The Riverman by Aaron Starmer (The Riverman Trilogy #1), and the book that I'll read next will either be The Storyteller by Aaron Starmer (The Riverman Trilogy #3), Hunted by Meagan Spooner, or The Inexplicable Logic of my Life by Benjamin Alire Saenz. Obviously I've been really enjoying the Riverman Trilogy Lately!

3. What book did everyone like but you hated?
I didn't hate it, but everyone seemed to love I'll Give You The Sun by Jandy Nelson, and I didn't enjoy it. I tried to like it because other people seemed too, but it just didn't work for me.

4.  What book do you keep telling yourself you'll read but you probably won't?
 
Every book that I own. I always read library books first!

5. What books are you saving for retirement? 
None! Retirement is too long away for me to think about saving books for.

6.  Last page: Read it first or wait until the end? 
Definitely wait until the end! I only check the page number on the last page, and always avoid looking at the words. I would never read the ending first.
 7. Acknowledgments: waste of paper and ink, or interesting aside? 
I usually don't read them, but I certainly don't have anything against them. A waste of paper is the books that have 5 random blank pages at the end!

8. Which book character would you switch places with?
No one! I wouldn't want to give up my real life. 


9. Do you have a book that reminds of you something specific in your life? (Place, time, person) 
The Moffats by Eleanor Estes reminds me of being sick in bed when I was little. But not in a bad way at all! It was one of my favourite books when I was little, and I loved having it read aloud to me.

10. Name an interesting book that you acquired in an interesting way. 
My Mom got the box set of Narnia books for me when I was just a baby, and I grew up with them being read to me. They'll always have a special place in my heart.

11. Have you ever given a book away for a special reason to a special person? 
I don't think so, I never give books away.

12. Which book has been with you most places? 
Probably The Great Gatsby, because I've been keeping it in my backpack, and I take my backpack everywhere.

13. Any required reading in High School that wasn't so bad two years later? 
I'm very lucky and even though I haven't loved all of my required reading, I haven't hated any of it! With the exception, of course, of Romeo and Juliet. I think that the story sucks (why couldn't we have read a Shakespeare with a better plot?), and my teacher hated it as well.
14. Used or brand new? 
I love them both, but I have a soft spot for vintage books. 

15. Have you ever read a Dan Brown book? 
No, I've never even heard of them.

16. Have you ever seen a movie you liked more then the book? 
I don't think so, no. I find that so much of a book is lost when it's translated into a movie.

17. Have you ever read a book that made you hungry (cook books included)? 
I'm sure that I've read some delicious looking cookbooks, but no specific ones come to mind.

18. Who is the person whose book advice you'll always take? 
My parents. Seeing as they're both librarians and they've read a million books each, I trust their judgment. 

19. Is there a book out of your comfort zone (e.g outside your usual reading genre) that you ended up loving? 
Ready Player One by Ernest Cline isn't a book that I'd pick up on my own, as I'm not too interested in video games, but I ended up loving it and being absolutely engrossed in it! 

I Tag: NabilaEllieNoor, and Lexie ♥ (The rules are 1: You must be honest 2:You must answer all the questions and 3: You must tag at least 4 people)

Can you relate to any of these? What are some of your reading habits?

34 comments:

  1. That copy of King Arthur and His Knights is so pretty! I love Arthurian books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much SW! I do too ♥

      Delete
  2. Your copy of King Arthur and His Nights is really pretty!
    I don't get why anyone would read the last page of a book first..For me, part of the fun in reading a book is not knowing what will end up happening with the plot and characters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jolly!
      I totally agree, I think that it ruins the fun! ♥

      Delete
  3. Sick tag about books. I love books because they're fascinating, scientifically improve your literature and are just enjoyable to read! How about you? Why do you like to read books?
    #sweetreats xx www.bakingboutiquebirds.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm, I like to read because I can't imagine not reading! I love getting sucked into another world ♥

      Delete
  4. Awh thanks for tagging me! I will probably write that now! And yes I totally get you with I'll Give You The Sun, I've started it about 3 times now and never finished it.

    - www.whatlexieloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem Lexie! I'm happy that you can relate ♥

      Delete
  5. I had mixed feelings about Hunted, so I look forward to hearing your thoughts after you read it! Dan Brown wrote The Da Vinci Code, Inferno, Angels & Demons, and a bunch of other semi-apocalyptic mystery thrillers. They're really good, but they're definitely not for everyone.

    Thank you for tagging me! <3

    Ellie | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, they sound familiar now that you say them! I'll have to check them out! ♥

      Delete
  6. I really need to read more books, and there are some great ones here! I'll definitely add some of these to the list xx

    Hannah | luxuryblush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that you like them if you end up reading them Hannah! ♥

      Delete
  7. The book in your picture looks so pretty, this is a great little get to know me tag!

    Lauren x Huggled

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lauren, I'm so happy you liked it! ♥

      Delete
  8. I really need to read more books. Loved reading this :)

    http://claresloves.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Little Prince is such a wise books. Kids won't understand it, but older people will.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely need to read it! ♥

      Delete
    2. And Pride and Prejudice may be great too. I haven't read it yet and have to read it some day.

      Delete
  10. Both of your parents are LIBRARIANS? That's basically like being born a princess.

    It took me a long time to get into I'll Give You The Sun. I listened to the audiobook and was pretty bored the first half of it. But then something just clicked and I got really into it for the last half.

    Great post! (I called mine the I Dare You Tag because that's what I saw people calling it the more I retraced the link, but I think the "Bookish Get To Know Me" tag makes much more sense.) :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is!
      It's interesting to know that you liked it :)
      That's interesting! I wanted to name it something a little more interesting, so I went with the Bookish Get To Know Me ♥

      Delete
  11. This is such a lovely tag- filled with a variety of interesting questions.

    I have several Jane Austen books on my shelf which I always plan on getting round to but haven't just yet.

    Steph
    www.socialspying.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Steph! I can totally relate to that ♥

      Delete
  12. I dont read acknowledgements too😅 nothing against them, i just feel its not relevant to me.

    https://anaturellecraving.blogspot.my/2017/05/taking-stock.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both of your parents are librarians?! That's so cool! I used to be one when I was in school. :D I really want to read Hunted but I'm currently having a major book hangover after finishing A Court of Wings & Ruins by Sarah J. Mass.

    ieyra h. | blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read that one yet! I'll have to add it to my list ♥

      Delete
  14. Such an interesting post. Thank you for sharing.
    I've picked up Ready player one, but haven't read it yet, but now I really want to.
    Hope you're doing great.
    Much love,
    Mona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would totally recommend it! Thank you Mona ♥

      Delete
    2. Wonderful post, love it! ♥
      Maybe follow for follow? :)

      http://veronicalucy.blogspot.com/

      Delete
  15. Ótima resenha, obrigado pela visita.
    Blog: https://arrasandonobatomvermelho.blogspot.com.br/
    Canal:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmO8csZDARM

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a cute post! This might help me choose a book for my holiday :D

    Coffee & Avocados

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment ♥
I always respond, so check back if you have a question
If you have a question, you can also email me at littlemoondragon@outlook.com
Please no spam or follow for follows!